I thought you may want to know a little bit about us, the couple who started Oakdale Executive. What drives us, what experience do we have, and most important of all what makes us happy.
- We live to travel, even if it’s down a motorway with a client or sat in an airport waiting to board the plane. This is the main reason we started Oakdale Executive after we left the hotel business.
- You could say we are Golf loving grandparents or grandchild loving golfers depending on which way you look at it or the time of day you ask us after the last round.
- We will be celebrating our 37thWedding Anniversary this year (2016) and my wife tells me I’ve loved every minute of it!
- We love Golf, Tennis and Rugby. I played and later coached at Harrogate Rugby Club, coaching 14,15 and 16 year olds, as well as managing the club’s U19’s.
So that’s a bit about us, now we will tell you about our working life and experience in the service industry…
- We met at Hotel School in Torquay and pretty much worked together up until 2006 when we sold the Dower House Hotel in Knaresborough after 26 years. This is where we developed our service industry knowledge and expertise, as we had very high standards at the Dower House as did all our staff.
- I spent over seven years as the Regional Chairman for Best Western Hotels From 1998 to 2005.
- Clare also spent several years as Sales Manager for the North of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- After a short period of retirement (the economy retired in 2008) we went back to work – Clare as an administrator in a Care Home and I started in the driving business.
Now for the most important part, the essential guide to being the Davies’s!
- Mountains not Beaches
- Plenty of time, not rushing
- Country pubs, not Town bars
- Beer not Cider
- White not Red
- Golf in the UK, Golf in Europe, golf anywhere and everywhere
- Aging disgracefully into a happily, grumpy old couple
Get in touch for a chauffeur driven car hire quote and meet us in person!